At RP Signs we do our best to give back to worthy causes in the community whenever possible. Here are a few events we have been involved with so far this year:
- On June 1, 2011 we donated to the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. We have been involved with this for the last two years.
- On June 6, 2011 Jamie Neely (CEO) and Joey Neely (Project Manager) participated in a fundraiser organized by Carolinas HealthCare Foundation for the 6th Annual Save Your Skin Melanoma Awareness Golf Classic at Ballantyne Resort. Also joining them were Bobby Speakman and Ryan Baar from Carolinas HealthCare System. RP Signs has been involved with this tournament for several years, donating all of the event signage. What a great way to raise awareness about skin cancer.
- We donated three thousand 2” adhesive circles to Classroom Central who provide free school supplies to the children of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg School System
RP Signs will be a drop off location for the 15th Annual School Tools Campaign for Classroom Central. Stay tuned for more details.
- On Monday May 2, 2011 a team of golfers from RP Signs participated in the 6th Annual Matthews Free Medical Clinic Golf Benefit. RP Signs has been involved every year, donating all of the signs and banners for this tournament. We are pleased to be a part of this group of people providing free medical care to the surrounding community. Below is the mission statement for Matthews Free Medical Clinic. For information on how you can help please visit their website.
The Mission of the Matthews Free Medical Clinic is to provide free quality healthcare to the medically underserved and uninsured families and individuals of Matthews, North Carolina and the surrounding areas of Mecklenburg & Union Counties.
- We donated four signs to The Mended Hearts, Inc. for their charity golf tournament in partnership with Piedmont Medical Center in Rock Hill, SC. We were thrilled to be able to help in this way.
- We were again involved with Scotland Memorial Hospital Foundations FUNd Run-4-Life. We have been one of the presenting sponsors for the last four years, donating all of the event signage needed for the event including banners and signs for the start/finish lines and all race course signs. RP Signs is pleased to be able to give back to the residents of Scotland County as Scotland Memorial Hospital has been a customer of ours for over ten years.
- RP Signs donated signs for “Stiletto Sprint” held on April 9, 2011 that raised money for the fight against ovarian cancer. This event was sponsored by Carolinas HealthCare Foundation, Carolinas Medical Center and the Blumenthal Cancer Center. It was held in Symphony Park at SouthPark.
- On April 18, 2011, Josh Strecker (Sr. Project Manager) and Lucas Chamberlayne (Project Coordinator) participated in the Presbyterian Hemby Children’s Hospital Golf Classic at Carmel Country Club. They teamed up with Dr. Mark Mogul of Presbyterian Hospital’s Cancer Center and Don Jonas, Vice President and Executive Director of the Presbyterian Healthcare Foundation. Even though they did not bring home a trophy they had a great time supporting this worthy cause. As in years past RP again donated all of the event signage and we look forward to many more years of partnering with the Hemby Children’s Hospital.